What projects are included in this Python?
The course includes four real-world, industry-based projects. Successful evaluation of one of the following projects is a part of the certification eligibility criteria:
- Products rating prediction for Amazon
– Amazon, one of the leading US-based e-commerce companies, recommends products within the same category to customers based on their activity and reviews on other similar products. Amazon would like to improve this recommendation engine by predicting ratings for the non-rated products and add them to recommendations accordingly.
- Demand Forecasting for Walmart
– Predict accurate sales for 45 stores of Walmart, one of the US-based leading retail stores, considering the impact of promotional markdown events. Check if macroeconomic factors like CPI, unemployment rate, etc. have an impact on sales.
- Improving customer experience for Comcast
– Comcast, one of the US-based global telecommunication companies wants to improve customer experience by identifying and acting on problem areas that lower customer satisfaction if any. The company is also looking for key recommendations that can be implemented to deliver the best customer experience.
- Attrition Analysis for IBM
– IBM, one of the leading US-based IT companies, would like to identify the factors that influence attrition of employees. Based on the parameters identified, the company would also like to build a logistics regression model that can help predict if an employee will churn or not.
- NYC 311 Service Request Analysis
– Perform a service request data analysis of New York City 311 calls. You will focus on data wrangling techniques to understand patterns in the data and visualize the major complaint types.
- MovieLens Dataset Analysis
– The GroupLens Research Project is a research group in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Minnesota. The researchers of this group are involved in several research projects in the fields of information filtering, collaborative filtering and recommender systems. Here, we ask you to perform an analysis using the Exploratory Data Analysis technique for user datasets.
- Stock Market Data Analysis
– As a part of this project, you will import data using Yahoo data reader from the following companies: Yahoo, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft and Google. You will perform fundamental analytics, including plotting, closing price, plotting stock trade by volume, performing daily return analysis, and using pair plot to show the correlation between all of the stocks.
- Titanic Dataset Analysis
– On April 15, 1912, the Titanic sank after colliding with an iceberg, killing 1502 out of 2224 passengers and crew. This tragedy shocked the world and led to better safety regulations for ships. Here, we ask you to perform an analysis using the exploratory data analysis technique, in particular applying machine learning tools to predict which passengers survived the tragedy.